Illinois Governor Polls: Pritzker Wins Illinois Gubernatorial Race once again
Election Day Trend
- JB Pritzker: 57.1%
- Darren Bailey: 40.3%
Illinois Governor Polls 2022: JB Pritzker(D) leads Darren Bailey(R) by an average of 15 points in the upcoming Illinois Governor Race
Illinois Governor Polls (Average): JB Pritzker: 55.7%, Darren Bailey: 40.0%
Google Search Share: JB Pritzker: 58%, Darren Bailey: 42%
Social Media Net Sentiments: JB Pritzker: -49.7%, Darren Bailey: -36.3%
When Is the Illinois Governor Election?
On Tuesday, November 8th, 2022, the state of Illinois will vote to elect a Governor for the next 4 years. Incumbent Governor Pritzker (D) faces Republican Darren Bailey.
Illinois Governor Race Predictions 2022: Who is Gaining?
- Governor JB Pritzker is all set to win again in the Illinois Gubernatorial race. He leads by 15 points. He won the 2018 race by 16 points
- Over the last 4 weeks, Pritzker has gained 5 points while Darren Bailey has gained only 3 points
- Among highly rated pollsters, Pritzker leads Bailey 51-38
Darren Bailey Polls: Latest Insights
- Who will win the Bailey vs Pritzker race? As per the Latest Polls, Google Search Data, and Social Media data, JB Pritzker is predicted to win the upcoming Illinois Governor Race scheduled on November 8th.
- How well did JB Pritzker perform in the last 4 years?
- In January 2019, Illinois had 6.3 Million employed and an unemployment rate of 4.5% (300k Unemployed). In August 2022, Illinois had 6.2 Million employed with an unemployment rate of 4.5% (290k Unemployed). That is a reduction of about 15k employees. During this period the population of Illinois fell by 100k.
- Illinois’ per capita income rose from $56.5k to $67.2k, which is a growth of 19%. This is close to the National average.
- Homicide Mortality rose from 8 to 11.2 between 2018 and 2020. That is above the national average.
- Overall, the performance is what we would classify as average. As a consequence, Pritzker’s NET favorability rating stands at +0% with 46% approving of his performance and 46% disapproving of his performance.
- How well is Pritzker performing across different voting segments?
- Unlike other Democrats, J B Pritzker leads Darren Bailey among both Men and women by about 10 points
- Darren Bailey has a marginal edge over J B Pritzker among white voters. 47% of white voters support Darren Bailey while 42% support JB Pritzker. However, Black voters are solidly behind the Democrats. JB Pritzker has the support of 75% of the Black Voters while Bailey has the support of only 12% of Black voters.
- Amongst suburban voters, Pritzker has a massive lead of 61 points in Chicago. However, in the rest of the suburbs, Bailey is ahead of Pritzker but the lead is not as big as that of Pritzker in Chicago.
- Election Strategies
- With Darren Bailey picking some momentum, Governor Pritzker has gone on the attack on the issue of abortion rights. Bailey opposes Taxpayer-funded abortions.
- He has also defended the upcoming Bail abolishment law (SAFE-T Act) saying many did not understand how it worked and that he was open to changes in the wording if required.
- During the debate, Bailey targeted Pritzker on the issue of running for the Presidency in 2024. While Pritzker claimed he will serve his 4 years as Governor, numerous conservative commenters felt that the phrasing could imply he would consider running for the Presidency if Biden wasn’t in 2024.
- Can Darren Bailey win?
- Pritzker’s Governance record is quite ordinary and he is quite vulnerable. With Joe Biden also in trouble, the state is ripe for the taking.
- Bailey has a net favorable rating of -23%. Voters are not yet convinced that Bailey could win. In 2014, Bruce Rauner frequently polled 2-3 points short of Pat Quinn which he easily managed to do at the fag end of the campaign
- Darren Bailey will need to bridge the distance significantly after the second debate to stand any chance of winning.
- To do that, he will need to make advances amongst the vast number of moderate voters in the state. Specifically, his current position on abortion is not moving too many moderates in his favor. He will need to modify his position further to make any progress.
Illinois Governor Polls: Bailey vs Pritzker Polls
|Average of Bailey vs Pritzker Polls||November 8th|
|Darren Bailey (R)||40.0%|
|JB Pritzker (B)||55.7%|
|Research Co||November 6th|
|Emerson College||October 24th|
Explore other Popular Mid-Term Elections
- Michigan Governor Race: Gretchen Whitmer vs Tudor Dixon
- Arizona: Kari Lake vs Katie Hobbs
- Georgia: Kemp vs Stacey Abrams
- Texas: Abbott vs Beto
- PA: Shapiro vs Mastriano
- Read also: Wisconsin Governor Polls 2022 and Prediction
Illinois Governor Election Polls 2022: Google Search Share
Last 7 days
- Darren Bailey: 42% (Falling)
- Pritzker: 58% (Rising)
Illinois Governor Race: Net Social Media Sentiment
Last 7 days
- Bailey: -36.3% (Steady)
- Pritzker: -49.7% (Deteriorating)
Illinois Governor Polls: Latest News
- Heated Illinois Governor’s Race Between Pritzker, Bailey Enters Final Hours
- Democratic incumbent Gov. J.B. Pritzker faces off against Republican state Sen. Darren Bailey in Illinois gubernatorial election
- Election 2022: Illinois candidates make final push on final day of early voting
- Laura Washington: If Pritzker doesn’t win ‘big’ on Tuesday, White House plans will be history
Illinois Governor Polls 2022: Joe Biden Approval Rating
Joe Biden’s approval Ratings are in shambles all over the country. The latest approval rating of Joe Biden in Illinois is 43% while 56% of the population of Illinois does not approve of the working of Joe Biden.
Of 43%, 16% strongly approve of Biden’s work while 26% somewhat approve of Biden’s work. Talking about disapproval, 47% of the population, strongly disapproves of Joe Biden’s work.
Donald Trump too has a similar approval rating in Illinois. His approval rating is 43% and 56% disapprove of his work.
Illinois Governor Polls 2022: 2020 Presidential Election Result
Illinois has been the Democratic Party’s stronghold. In 2016 Hillary Clinton won the state by a massive 16%. Hillary won nearly 56% vote share while Donald Trump received around 40% vote share. In 2020 Joe Biden extended the lead as he won by around 17% in Illinois. Around 58% of the votes were in favor of Joe Biden in 2020 while Trump received only 41% of the votes in Illinois.
Darren Bailey Polls: Demographic Analysis
The total population of Illinois is around 12,812,508. Illinois is one of three states to lose population between 2010 and 2020.
- 58.3% of Illinois’ population is white alone
- 13.9% is Black alone
- 18.2% is Hispanic or Latino
- 5.8% is Asian
Key Questions about the Illinois Gubernatorial Election
How Much is the Pritzker family worth?
As per the data by Britannica, the family worth of Pritzker exceeded $15 B in the early 21st century. This was estimated by Forbes magazine.
Is Illinois a Blue State?
Illinois has been a Democratic stronghold. It can be compared to California and New York for Democrats. It is considered one of the most Democratic states in the nation and following the 2018 elections, all six statewide elected offices are held by a Democrat.
How many terms can a governor serve in Illinois?
There is no limit on the number of terms a governor may serve in Illinois. However, the term of office of the governor of Illinois is 4 years which means after every 4 years, an election needs to take place to elect the new governor of Illinois.
What States have no term limits for governors?
The governors (or equivalent) in the following states, districts, and territories may serve unlimited four-year terms: Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
Which Illinois officials can be impeached?
The executive, as well as the Judicial officers in Illinois, can be impeached. However, the impeachment is carried on by the Senate.
Is it possible to impeach a governor?
Yes, a Governor in the United States can be impeached. As of now, there have been 15 governors in the United States who have been impeached.
Illinois Governor Race Polls: Summary of Primary Election
- Darren Bailey has registered a massive victory in Illinois Governor GOP Primary Race. He was endorsed by Donald Trump.
- Even before Donald Trump endorsed Darren Bailey, he has been ahead in almost all the polls and the polls have shown the margin of a win to be around 15%.
- JB Pritzker had an easy run in Democratic Party’s Primary election.
Illinois Governor Primary Election Result
- Darren Bailey: 58%
- Richard Irvin: 15%
- Jesse Sullivan: 16%
- JB Pritzker: 92%
- Beverley Miles: 8%