Wisconsin Governor Polls 2022: Tony Evers wins Wisconsin Gubernatorial Race
Election Day Updates
- Tony Evers: 51.0%
- Tim Michels: 48.0%
Last 30 Minutes: Tony Evers Gains. Leads by 77k Votes
92% of the expected votes counted.
Projected Vote Share
- Tony Evers: 50-52%
- Tim Michels: 48-50%
- Republicans: Michels 92%, Evers 8%
- Democrats: Michels 2%, Evers 98%
- Independents: Michels: 49%, Evers 50%
Wisconsin Governor Polls: The Wisconsin Governor Race is headed for a close finish. As per the latest, Wisconsin Governor Prediction Tony Evers is Trailing by a small margin.
Tim Michels Polls (Average of last 3 Polls): Tony Evers: 46.3%, Tim Michels: 46.6%
Latest Wisconsin Governor Race Polls 2022: Tony Evers: 48%, Tim Michels: 50%
Google Search Share: Tim Michels: 47%, Tony Evers: 53%
Social Media Sentiment: Tony Evers: -7.9%, Tim Michels: -68.9%
CrowdwisdomLIVE Prediction: Toss Up
When is the Wisconsin Governor’s Race?
Wisconsin is one of the 5 states that Joe Biden flipped in the 2020 Presidential election. Biden won Wisconsin by less than a percent. In 2016, Donald Trump was ahead of Hillary Clinton by 1% in Wisconsin. Thanks to Dane and Milwaukee counties, Joe Biden pulled off a narrow win in Wisconsin.
The 2022 Gubernatorial election is between Tony Evers (D), the incumbent Governor and Tim Michels (R).
The General election for Wisconsin Governor Race is scheduled for November 8th, 2022.
Wisconsin Governor Polls 2022 Prediction: Momentum Tracker
Who is Gaining?
- Polls: Tim Michels
- Google Search: Tim Michels
- Social Media Sentiment: Tony Evers
Who will win the Wisconsin Governor Race?
The Wisconsin Governor Polls have shown a very close fight between incumbent Tony Evers and Tim Michels. The Wisconsin Governor’s Prediction also predicts a close fight with both Evers and Michels having an equal chance.
Wisconsin Governor Polls: Observations and Insights
- Why is the Wisconsin Governor Race a close contest?
- Despite the Democratic Party trying to bank on the issue of abortion law, the main issue concerning the people of Wisconsin is inflation which is followed by Gun Violence and Crime. Abortion Law is fourth on the list of concerns of the people of Wisconsin.
- Rural voters are in a large number backing Tim Michels while in suburbs both Tim Michels and Tony Evers have equal support bases. The urban voters support Tony Evers for the office of Governor.
- How are the other groups voting?
- Tim Michels leads Evers by 50-48% among White voters but among the non-White voters, Tony Evers leads by 61-34%.
- Among the college graduates, Tony Evers enjoys 55% support while Tim Michels has only 43% support. Non-college graduates most support Tim Michels.
- Younger voters are mostly rallying behind Tony Evers while the older voters prefer Tim Michels over Tony Evers.
Wisconsin Governor Polls 2022: Latest Polls
|Date||Evers (D)||Michels (R)|
|Average of Polls||Nov 8th||49%||48.6%|
|Research Co||Nov 6th||48%||48%|
|Data for Progress||Nov 5th||48%||50%|
Wisconsin Governor Polls: Google Trends
Last 7 Days
- Tony Evers: 53%
- Tim Michels: 47%
Wisconsin Governor Race Prediction: Net Social Media Sentiments
Last 7 Days
- Tony Evers: -7.9%
- Tim Michels: -68.9%
Tony Evers Polls: Latest Wisconsin Governor Race Video
2022 Wisconsin Governor Polls: Voting age Demographics
As per the latest Census, Racial demographics for Wisconsin Stand as-
- White: 87%
- Black: 6%
Tony Evers Polls: What Happened in the Last Governor Election?
The last Wisconsin Governor election was held in 2018 and the office of Governor was held by the Republican Scott Walker. The election was closely fought and even on the night of the election, the result was too close to call.
However, after the result was declared, Wisconsin became the only state to elect a Democrat as a Governor in 2018. Tony Evers won the election by a margin of 1.1%. He received 49.5% vote share while Scott Walker got 48.4% vote share.
Wisconsin Governor Race Prediction: How did the State Vote in the 2020 Presidential Election?
Wisconsin has been a Swing State with ten Electoral Votes. The badger State has Remained undecided Many times, 2016 it preferred Republicans by just 1 percent, but in 2020 Biden pulled out a win with a Slightest of Margin.
Biden won Wisconsin by a slim margin of 0.7% vote share. Trump polled a total of 48.9% votes while Biden received 49.6% of the total votes. In 2016 Trump won the state by a 1% margin. Biden won in Wisconsin by 20,565 votes.
Wisconsin has 72 counties and the Republicans in 2020 were ahead in 58 counties but the election result was decided by the 14 counties where the Democrats were ahead.
Biden flipped Door county which was won by Trump in 2016. However, the counties deciding the result of the 2020 election were Dane County and Milwaukee. In Dane, Democrats lead the Republicans by nearly 200,000 while in Milwaukee, in 2016 Clinton got slightly over 288,000 votes. But in 2020, the Democrats polled over 317,000 votes. Trump’s votes too increased in Milwaukee but the increase was minor to what Biden gained.